Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's not who you know, but who you thank



Hi all, Dana here. As I sit on my gigantic duffel bag trying desperately to close the zipper I realize it is not only my bag that is so full, but my life. I am full of gratitude right now as I head off to Colorado for this great adventure. I could go on and on about everyone I need to thank but for now the short list:

1. My family. They think it is awesome that I run real far and understand how happy it makes me. That is priceless. My dad reads this blog (awesome). My mom sends awesome cards (see below) and t-shirts and running shoes and is basically our biggest sponsor. Mom, time to get yourself a logo so we can wear it on our shirts!


2. Great friends and co-workers. We have friends writing us cards, buying us foot creams (Kara you are awesome), giving us funny hats (see below- thank you Jessica), asking about our long runs, wanting to track us online, wishing us luck and truly interested in our adventure. Special shout out to the dinner club ladies who are the best and to my co-workers who do their own amazing feats like a Hocks Salto or balance work with babies.

3. Julie Upton. Although we have never met you were willing to talk to me on the phone about your experience at TransRockies last year which was very helpful. I am jealous that you were able to prepare by sleeping in an altitude tent but I will get over it. You told me the thing I have been waiting to hear all my life, "Eat as much as you can!" I will follow that sage advice next week if it is the last thing I do! Thanks as well for lending me the compression gear and sleeping bag. I should be less fatigued and warm!

4. Larissa Polischuk. Coaching, workout plans, speed work ideas, calming advice. How can we thank you? Would bringing home the 80+ ladies category top third placing do it? HA! Thanks for helping us prepare, so fantastic.

5. Brian. Thanks for telling me I look lean, for thinking I am fast, for calling me hard core and for being the best of the best. I will try to channel some of your speed and killer race attitude this week!


6. SAM! Of course Sam. Snarky, strong, hilarious Sam. Thanks for inspiring me, cracking me up, helping me take things less seriously and most importantly being of similar speed so we can spend hours running, chatting, laughing and solving the world's problems one mile at a time!

Oh shoot. I am sure there are so many more people. People I should name specifically (Jennie, Rangsi, Cheyenne, Tina, Troy, Elizabeth, Rachel, Sarah, Julian, Rodrigo, Emily, Nora, Ruth, Neil, Sari) but I won't. For those unmentioned, know you are thanked. I promise to have loads of fun, take pictures and blog all about it when we are done.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot WAIT to hear all about it!

    You inspire me, make me proud and blow me away with your passion and zeal. I'm excited for Rawlings to grow up with such inspirational women in her life.

    Here's to you and Sammy kicking some 80+ a** and having a great time doing it. Sending you both a HUGE HUG.

    ReplyDelete