Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Racing and Pacing: A weekend preview


Since it is Wednesday I can officially start thinking about the weekend! Since this weekend should be especially fun I thought I would write a quick preview.

Sam is going to be running all 6 of her remaining toenails at the Dick Collins Firetrails 50 miler! She has kept the podiatrist in business since our run at TransRockies but is strong as ever. I expect to see that awesome "Sam is getting it done" pace (also know as the "I will kick your @## you crazy trail, you're not the boss of me" pace).

Tina, a great friend of Runs with Mascara and awesome athlete will also be running. It is also her birthday so there is sure to be festivities in store. Tina paced me at American River 50 last year and was AMAZING. Why:
  1. She had jokes. She didn't think of jokes to tell me, she actually went online, found jokes, printed them out and brought them in her running pack. She whipped them out (all 4 printed pages) and I almost died laughing!
  2. She had chocolate. Always a great lure!
  3. She stopped talking to me! So cute, as soon as we started running together she told me how she has stopped talking to me days before to ensure we would have plenty to talk about on our run!
  4. She shed a tear at mile 49. So did I, but it was awesome to see her so excited for me.
I hope I am half the pacer Tina was for me. I am looking forward to 13 awesome miles pacing, cheering my heart out, eating amazing food after, high fives that turn to sweaty hugs and some great pictures to share.

Go SAM! Go TINA!

No comments:

Post a Comment