Thursday, September 22, 2011

Do you have $12,000?


Dream with me here for a minute. One year sabbatical from work. (No, I have no idea how this will be funded, please suspend disbelief to dream with me for the rest of this post) Okay, one year sabbatical from work. $12,000 cash for the purchase of the retro, silver airstream pictured above. A couple thousand dollars more to renovate for full sports engagement. A full 2012 race calendar spanning the American West. Training in the National Parks. Sleeping in the dessert, the mountains, Wal-Mart parking lots. Sponsors would be our favorite blinc of course, a tea sponsor would be nice, shoes, must have a shoe sponsor, socks, don't forget, some sort of recovery cream, Whole Foods and oooh, gas, we would definitely need gas.

Look how shiny it is! With the sponsor logos on the sides it would be even shinier, happier! What a home. Are you with me? Potential sponsors, give me a call. I run in the mid-pack and love to talk about your products! At my pace I have plenty of time to discuss intricacies as well! Dad, I will need some guidance on the interior renovation as you can see below. There is so much potential. I suppose I would need to learn how to drive a truck pulling this thing behind me. I would have to suspend plans for saving money, getting mail delivery and, and, and I can't see any other drawbacks at this point!

The crazy thing is that this very Airstream is really for sale within 5 miles of my house right now. Two weeks ago I bought Sam a shirt meant explicitly for wearing while lounging outside an imaginary Airstream I wish we had. A sign? I suppose the real sign would be someone giving me $12,000 plus a little something for renovations and a sponsor signing on to this crazy idea. Anyone game?


No comments:

Post a Comment