Monday, November 14, 2011

Spoiler alert: Sam wins AG at Urbanathalon!

The Urbanathalon is in the books! What a fun day. The event was just over 9 miles with some obstacles in the way. The race started with a run up some of San Francisco's finest hills and over to AT&T park, our baseball stadium. I ran with my favorite other half, Brian and best favorite endurance power couple, Jeff and Jessica. Sam ran like the devil, chasing glory solo. You already know the results of that, PURE AWESOME. We crawled under barriers, under jeeps and under nets. We went over concrete dividers, high walls and taxi cabs (yeah, that felt good stomping on the hood). We laughed, we ran, we were ridiculous as we hoped to be!

Event highlights:
  1. A brief but glorious reunion with some TransRockies pals during the race and after (see above).
  2. Conquering a full set of monkey bars without a pause. (Yeah for small victories!)
  3. Running with some of my favorite people, all together. That won't happen again for a long time.
  4. Sam coaching me from the crowd (yes, she was done already) over the final wall at the finish. Conversation as follows...
  • Dana- just staring at wall mouth most likely hanging open a bit, speechless
  • Sam from crowd- "Grab the rope!!!"
  • Dana grabs the rope with feet on wall then pulling and realizing there will be no upward progress with this method, "NOW WHAT?!?!?!?"
  • Nice volunteer pushes me by my behind up and over the wall. So much for girl power. Thank you nice man, I needed that!

Check out Sam with her prize. So cool. Even better, that rockin pink skirt. Thanks Jen Stover for the photographic evidence that we were there. I am itching for what's next. Off season, you are over!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I didn't know you were participating at the Urbanathlon! Jessica running, wow!!! The two greatest endurance power couples of Mill Valley and surroundings at the Urbanathlon - wow!! And I didn't know Sam had won but it doesn't surprise me, she is the strongest and fittest woman I know. Congrats to all, awesome, awesome, awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete