Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dana Ran Here


Dana on Gellert Hill on the Buda side of Budapest.


The "Hell Yeah!" Statue that greets you after the climb up Gellert Hill.


Castle Hill home of the Royal Palace and Mathias Church.

If it isn't clear from a 2 week break in blogging and posts of me all over the world, I been a bit busy. Hi all, Dana here! So a work trip took me for 2 weeks to 5 countries in Europe. The visits were to Hungary, Serbia, Italy, France and Ukraine, in that order! The goal was of course to get work done, but the real goal was to get in 100 miles of running and complete all push-ups since the push-up challenge is still going which meant 728 total push-ups while I was there. The spoiler: DID IT! I was able to run two 20 mile runs, one in Serbia to the Monastery I posted last and one through Kiev. Multiple other runs were fantastic and posts are to follow. The biggest problem was when my luggage was lost and I had to take a few days off from running and buy all new running attire from shoes to hat to bra to hand held water bottle. (I think that is a whole other story for another post!) Anyway, the photos above are my first day of the trip in Hungary about 1 hour after my plane landed. I got right out to see the sights of the old city and was rewarded with a hot rain, a statue that said, "Hell Yeah you run those hills!" and views that I just could not capture on my iPhone. You have seen Serbia, next post, Italy (no running, just some amazing shots of food since this was where I had no clothes or shoes only the sweatpants on my back!)

No comments:

Post a Comment