Monday, August 15, 2011

A Quick Look Back

As noted in the many posts over the last few months, all your RWM news has been coming from my better half, Dana. If it was anyone else, I'd have my excuses in check - work, travel, social commitments, sports, another blog, a long commute, too many carbs slowing down my synapses. But with my travel-nista running partner juggling work spread across multiple continents, an Ironman-training boyfriend, family, friends, spot on training and her quest to make the perfect [insert anything here - bar, muffin, nut butter, hazelnut milk] I have nothing to stand on.

And so, to Dana's mom and all the other Dana loyalists out there who may wonder where the other half of RWM has been and if I've been training and if I'll represent come race day and help make all of Dana's TransRockies goals come true I present you these gratuitous vacation running shots of evidence of my training and commitment while I've been absent from blogging.


(Running on a healthy dose of karma from a monastery outside of Thimphu, Bhutan)


(In northern India, airing it out on the first of a 5 day trek over 12,456 feet. I did not do hill repeats.)

(My first trail run in Bhutan. Short but thrilling. This was clearly my go-to shirt of the trip.)


6+ days and we toe the line in Buena Vista, Colorado to begin our adventure in yet another new place on unfamiliar trails. I've already got a bad playlist running through my head - the kind where you sing a few lines and 35 minutes later you and everyone around you have the same song running through your heads? Who remembers Men at Work? Ain't nothing gonna break my stride? Another topic for another blog. Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment